29th and 30th May 2015
PNDS “Communication Skills Workshop” for Dietetic/Nutrition Professionals:
1.Basic Communications Skills, Interpersonal Communication Model and Barriers to Effective Communication.
Mr. Shakeel Ahmed, CEO SUNZ Learning conducted the first day session followed by Hands on training and role plays.
On second day three different topics were covered.
2.Principles of communication
Facillitator: Mr.Abbass Hussain in a very lighter mood.The participants appreciated his presentation style very much.
3.Formal and Informal Writing Skills and How to write Business Letters and E-mails
Speaker:Ms Fauzia Kerai, Chief Consultant , i &b Consultants
4.Effective use of Microsoft PowerPoint to make Oral and Poster Presentations.
Speaker:Mr. Ajmal , Manager Audio- Visual and Learning Resource Center,
5.Appropriate Style of Presentation
Speaker: Rabia Anwer, General Secretary PNDS
At the end vote of thanks were given by Dr Salma Halai Badruddin. Liberty Books gift vouchers were presented to the Workshop Facilitators and certificates were distributed to participants.Overall the workshop received very good feedback. Workshop was attended by 25 PNDS members. The topics covered were appreciated by majority of the participants and they suggested holding similar workshops in the future also.
Writing Skills Workshop
PNDS conducted Workshop on Writing skills to develop and enhance writing skills among it’s members.
- To develop & enhance the writing skills of PNDS members
- 19 participants
- Each participant was assigned a mentor
- 13 complete articles were evaluated
- 3 sessions spread over a period of 8 weeks:Hands on experience on end note X5, Use of track changes,Microsoft Office tools that facilitate writing
Dec 2004- July 2005
Research in Practice: Series of Workshops
With the growing demand in researches PNDS conducted workshop in 2004-2005.
- Series of 5 Workshop from December 2004 – July 2005 in collaboration with College of Home Economics
- Topics such as Protocol development, Data Entry, Data Analysis and Writing a Research Paper were all covered during the workshop. Individual researches of the participants were the end point of this series of CNE.
- Expert from PNDS, Aga Khan University, College of Home Economics, Pakistan Medical Research Council & Pakistan Medical Association were part of the faculty and facilitators for the work shop
Certificate Distribution Ceremony