Your RD certification expires at the end of 2 years,which can be renewed through;
*Earning 15 credit hours/2 years through attending Continuous Nutrition Education Activities OR
*Reappearing for the exam (if you are unable to submit required credits hours/renewal fee within the given deadline)
Steps for RDN renewal :
- Please download the Renewal Application form rdrenewal-form right after your results and keep a record of the activities as you participate.
- Submit your renewal form with proofs of attendance (all combined in one pdf) within the given deadline or before the expiry of your certification at firstname.lastname@example.org
- After receiving the confirmation of renewal from RDN Committee , Renewal fee (Rs.1500) can be submitted in cash to your respective chapter or online in PNDS account online.
- Submit/email copy of fee deposit slip at email@example.com to claim for new certificate.
- Certificate can be collected from RDN committee or your respective chapter In-charge.
Activities for earning credit hours
- Participation in nutrition related activity/session/lecture/ workshop/seminar for professionals or public as speaker or facilitator
- Participation in PNDS CNEs, workshops,seminars,symposiums as participant/ facilitator or speaker.
- Writing article for PNDS Newsletters/scientific Journals/Public newspapers/websites
- Online courses (approved by registration committee) e.g PUBLIC HEALTH NUTRITION COURSE CREDITS
- For non PNDS activities all RDs must submit the details of the activity(e.g duration /content/facilitator) with proof of participation. Credits will be assigned by PNDS Registration Committee based on the information you submit. For non PNDS activities the best approach would be to get credits assigned prior to attending the activity.
Remember Its an Individual’s responsibility to keep a track/ record of the PNDS/Non-PNDS nutrition related activities.
Make sure you have proof of attendance of all activities . Members from Karachi need to earn at least 8 out of 15 credits trough PNDS activities.
Submit your renewals before the expiry date of your RDN Certificate.
Late submission of renewal form/fee may not be acceptable , hence you will have to appear in exam again in order to keep your RDN status active.
Check your RDN Status at http://rdn.pnds.org/successful-rdn-list/
For further information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org