Dr.Rezzan Khan,Phd Nutrition,USA,Consultant Nutritionist,Shifa International Hosp.Islamabad
DR REZZAN KHAN
SHIFA INTERNATIONAL ISLAMABAD
INCHARGE OF PNDS ISLAMABAD CHAPTER
ABOUT ME, MY FAMILY & MY HOME/CITY:
I was born in Istanbul and was brought up in Ankara (the capital of Turkey). I did my bachelors from Ankara and moved to USA from higher studies and did my MSc and PhD there.
I was a slim, skinny girl with no interest in food and always wanted to invent some kind of a pill to avoid wasting time and energy for eating. But here I am; a consultant Dietitian who never imagined that her life would revolve around food.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION:
PhD, Food & Nutrition from Kansas State University, Manhattan (USA), (1974 – 1976)
MSc, Food & Nutrition from Iowa State University, Ames (USA), (1970 – 1974)
Foreign Students English Diploma. Queens College, New York (USA), (1969 – 1970)
BSc (Honors), Agricultural Engineering. Ankara University, (Turkey), (1965 – 1969)
I was the head of Nutrition Dept. of Food Technology, Gazi University. Ankara. Turkey from 1977 -1980.
I worked with Rural Development Foundation (NGO) in Pakistan providing national nutrition guidance and advocacy from 1985 onward.
I joined Shifa International Hospital in 1996 and currently working there as a Consultant Dietitian.
- The President of Islamic Republic of Pakistan conferred the shield to me for my valuable contributions in improving health care in Pakistan on February 26, 2014.
- 2006 AODA Conference, “To Your Health: Prevention, Wellness and Nutrition Intervention across the Lifespan” in Dublin, Ireland.
- 12-15 April, 2006: International Nutrition and Dietetics Congress, Ankara Turkey. Presented Case Study of Nutritional Care in Intensive Care Units (ICU)
- 29-30, 2011: Attended ESPEN Life Long Learning (ILL) program in Critical Nutrition and Metabolism in Bangkok, Thailand. Earned certificate on” Nutritional Support in Intensive Care Patient”, “Nutrition Support in Renal Disease” and “Nutritional Support in the Pre-operative Period”
- Enjoy what you are doing, practice humility by never thinking that you are the best, and always be unsatisfied with your mastery of the subject.
- There is always room to develop further professionally and it is important to remember numerous people are waiting for your help.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.