Lt. Cdr. Rabia Anwer,MSc.Nutrition,RDN,Dietitian,Pakistan Navy
She was born in Quetta. She did her O- Levels from St Joseph Convent High School Quetta with nutrition as one of the subjects in higher classes. She always wanted to study textile designing from National College of Arts but found Nutrition more interesting after joining R.L.A.K College of Home Economics.Her childhood was a wonderful period spent in the relaxed and protected environment provided by her parents. She is the eldest in her family and very thankful to her parents especially her father who send her all the way to Karachi from Quetta to pursue her career. Her parents gave her the confidence to participate and excel in academics and co-curricular activities.
She was known for my intelligent personality. She is very lucky and blessed to have a husband who has supported and encouraged her to pursue my professional ambitions. Her family has played a vital role in my success and achievements.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION:
- MSC (Home Economics) in 1995.
- MSPH Program in Jinnah Sind Medical University(In progress)
- Selected as Commissioned officer at Pakistan Navy as Dietitian in 1997. She is among the pioneers Lady Officers of Pakistan Navy.
- Given Tamga-e-Imtiaz Millitary in 2016
- ONE YEAR ONLINE CERTIFICATE COURSE ON CBT (Cognitive behavior therapy) from Oxford University London 2011.
- Represented PNDS in the 6th ACD organized by AFDA in Taipei Taiwan in 2014.
• Professional affiliation with several educational and medical institutions.
- “Invited Speaker in the International Conference on Malnutrition in Asia-The Peril Persists” at BZU Multan.
- Presented oral paper on Association between Obesity and Low Serum Vitamin D Concentrations in Healthy Adult females: A Public Health Perspective in MDA-AODA Conference held in 26th -28th May 2016 in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia.
GOALS & AMBITIONS:
FAVORITE QUOTE/ INSPIRATION IN LIFE:
LESSONS LEARNED & KEY MESSAGE FOR AUDIENCE!